As a mathematics undergraduate with a passion for education, I felt that applying to the Beauchamp Teach Teaching Internship would be the ideal platform to explore whether the teaching profession would be a good fit for me. From the in-depth training sessions led by knowledgeable senior members of staff to partaking in lessons across all age ranges and abilities with dedicated support from a subject mentor, the internship more than exceeded my expectations. By the end, I had obtained a firm grounding in the principles of education, pedagogy and more, and have even received some excellent book recommendations on teaching!
Lionheart Teach Maths Intern Summer 2021
Are you currently studying for a degree in Maths, Physics, Computing or a related subject?
Have you ever thought about a career in teaching Maths, Physics or Computing?
Do you want to find out what a career in teaching is like?
Want to get into a classroom and gain some excellent experience?
Consider applying for a 3-week paid teaching internship!
We are delighted to announce that we are able to offer 12 paid summer internships to Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science undergraduates who are in the penultimate year of their Bachelor’s degree.
Our comprehensive 3-week Internship is delivered across our Lionheart Educational Trust schools and interns will receive £300 per week, a total of £900 on completion of the programme.
This year, the programme will run from
Monday 13th June until Friday 1st July 2022.
The programme aimed at undergraduates will provide a comprehensive introduction into secondary education teaching of Mathematics, Physics and Computing ideal for those who wish to gain work experience in a successful secondary school setting. Engineering and joint honours Chemistry/Physics undergraduates are also welcome to apply and should make clear whether they are more interested in learning about Mathematics or Physics teaching during their internship.
- Experience outstanding Teacher Training with Lionheart Teach
- Experience the power of teaching to improve the life chances of young people
- Develop valuable skills for your CV
- Be immersed in the classroom experience
- Observations of exceptional teaching.
- The support of a teacher mentor.
- A range of experiences allowing you to plan and deliver sessions and, if confident, full lessons.
- The chance to support groups of pupils in lessons and through extra-curricular activities.
- The opportunity to work with students considering a Maths or Physics related degree to inspire them.
- Focused guidance and support in applying to train to teach
- A guaranteed interview with Lionheart Teach School Direct Programme with The University of Leicester.
You will need to:
- Be passionate about teaching Maths, Physics or Computing as a career
- Be in your penultimate undergraduate year (graduation in summer 2023); studying a subject that would enable you to teach maths or physics (for example maths, physics, engineering).
- Hold GCSE Grade 4 or above in maths and English or equivalent
- Consent to a Disclosure and Baring Service and referencing checks. These posts are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Application Deadline 31st March 2022.
If you are interested in such a scheme for the summer of 2022, then please complete and return the attached application to email@example.com
|STEM Internship Application Form