We are delighted to announce that we are able to offer 20 paid summer internships to Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Modern Foreign Language & Computer Science undergraduates who are in any year of their undergraduate degree.
Our comprehensive 3-week Internship is delivered across our Lionheart Educational Trust schools and interns will receive £300 per week, a total of £900 on completion of the programme.
This year, the programme will run from
Monday 17th June until Friday 5th July 2024.
The programme aimed at undergraduates will provide a comprehensive introduction into secondary education teaching of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Modern Foreign Language and Computing ideal for those who wish to gain work experience in a successful secondary school setting. Engineering undergraduates are also welcome to apply and should make clear whether they are more interested in learning about Mathematics or Physics teaching during their internship.
- Experience outstanding Teacher Training with Lionheart Teach
- Experience the power of teaching to improve the life chances of young people
- Develop valuable skills for your CV
- Be immersed in the classroom experience
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
- Observations of exceptional teaching.
- The support of a teacher mentor.
- A range of experiences allowing you to plan and deliver sessions and, if confident, full lessons.
- The chance to support groups of pupils in lessons and through extra-curricular activities.
- The opportunity to work with students considering a Maths or Physics related degree to inspire them.
- Focused guidance and support in applying to train to teach
- A guaranteed interview with Lionheart Teach School Direct Programme with The University of Leicester.
TO APPLY, You will need to:
- Be passionate about teaching Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Modern Foreign Language or Computing as a career
- Be in any year of your undergraduate or postgraduate degree; studying a relevant degree subject.
- Hold GCSE Grade 4 or above in maths and English or equivalent
- Consent to a Disclosure and Baring Service and referencing checks. These posts are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Application Deadline Friday 10th May 2024
If you are interested in such a scheme for the summer of 2024, then please complete and return the attached application to [email protected]
|Summer Internship Application Form